Friday, January 7, 2011

***Donation Button Disclaimer!***

Alright, dudes. I am well aware that as of right now, the majority of you guys reading this thing (whatever this thing is) are friends of mine. Or friends of friends. Or enemies of friends. Or my mom. Whatever you are, you may be feeling a bit cheesed out about the little donation box I just put on my page. To those of you who find this tactic super gross on my part, I understand. But please allow me a moment to plead my case!

Thanks.

Okay. First of all, I thought about posting ads on the page. I even did it for a minute and was overtaken with that horrible, itchy feeling doing something to other people that you don't like done to you gives you. I HATE ads. They steal your life force. So, I thought a tiny donation box would be the lesser of two evils. Also, there are a couple of things motivating me to keep this thing going right now.

1) A deep and sincere wish to not die, homeless and alone in a puddle of my own urine. Therefore, I should probably earn money doing what I love to do. I love to cut hair. It's pretty dang fun but I love to write about weird shit even more. If I could actually do exactly what I am doing right this second (not the apologizing for money grubbing part, but the writing part) for the rest of my life, I'd be the happiest camper in the trailer park! For reals.

2) The husband and I are moving to England in a year. An American dollar is worth about one square of toilet paper in England. Therefore, we are going to have to come up with about a football field's worth of toilet paper to make this work. Every bit of cash that comes our way is going into savings this year. So donations would help pay for toilet paper for our personal use!

So, yeah. There you have it. If you like reading this thing enough and have the cash to spare, please feel free to donate. If you're all like "go fuck yourself", feel free to not donate. If you're super broke, do NOT donate. No matter what you do, I appreciate you stopping by my page and I hope to see you again!!

Don't worry. I can't actually see you. Thanks, friends!

2 comments:

  1. I want to donate but does that mean I'm contributing to getting her out of the country? I see this as a conflict of interest.
    Signed, her mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of it as helping toward plane fare for a visit home! =) I love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete