Saturday, October 30, 2010

You Reach for the Stars. I'll Reach for a Donut.

Yeah, that's right. Donuts are cheap and tasty. Stars are really, really far away and burn your hand something fierce when you try to grab them. I'm not saying not to dream big but we could all use a lesson in appreciating things that are well within our reach. So many people lose their appreciation for small things on their big long journey toward fame, fortune and immortality. Why? Because small things are obtainable. Obtainable=lazy and lazy=atrophy and atrophy=death and death scares ambitious people. Only in becoming truly lazy and complacent can one face their fear of death. How do I know this? Because I'm lazy as fuck.

No worries, I'm totally proud of it. I've lived a long and full life. Sure, my life might be filled with things like five dollar paintings of horses, Hershey bars, illegally streamed movies, cat toys, "vintage" furniture, Cook's champagne and pizza but these things make me feel good. Over and over again. How do you think I've gotten through life only having gone to the doctor like, eight times? I might have twenty forms of cancer but I'll never know! I'm too blissfully happy!

We live in a golden age of technology and convenience. Not to mention excellent micro-brews! High definition television makes expensive things like travel totally obsolete because I can see every brick of every monument in every country in perfect, crisp detail. The internet totally surpasses college in it's abundance of information. I can have stimulating conversations with everyone I know via social networking sites and I don't even need to have a boyfriend. I can create one with my computer. One I can check in on every single minute of every day!

It's almost too hard to comprehend how great life is nowadays without breaking a sweat, which I'm not going to do. I can't get my heart rate up too high because I may or may not have high cholesterol (I have no idea). But really, what I'm trying to get at is, if you should fail at your dreams, don't fret!! Being a bottom feeder isn't so bad when the shit that floats down are things like MP3 players, Target pajamas and cookie dough ice cream. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment